Monday, October 21, 2013

Easiest way to freeze overripe bananas

Peel. Bag. Freeze.

It makes picking only FOUR bananas out a little more exciting, but it's worth not having to deal with the disgusting skins once they defrost. Ick. If you're lazier and less squeamish than I, freeze them whole. They defrost pretty quick. 

Also, pre-peeled frozen bananas are good for smoothies... If your blender doesn't hate frozen things the way mine does...

Excuse the dirty counter, I defrosted some frozen fruit this morning and made a mess, and no I haven't had time to clean my counters because I had to be a grow up and go to the dentist.



Also, note the dried out and slightly moldy habanero pepper in the background, part of my wife's desire to cook with this thing (I won't eat it, since I am a spice wuss) but her lack of follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment