Monday, February 24, 2014

One pot pasta

A little while ago, the one pot "wonderpot" pasta recipe was being repinned, modified and shared like crazy. I fully admit we got on the bandwagon. The first time we made it we were camping in Tofino. In Fogust. In the epic pouring rain and cold. This is an AMAZING camping recipe. It's one pot, quick, and almost impossible to screw up. It has the potential to be modified by any ingredient. It seems hardly possible that this would work, yet it does, and it's delicious!! The quantities will easily feed more than 4 adults (We each had a portion, and then I filled my two giant Pyrex bowls, which are . There is potential for all the ingredients to be dry, and then used as a backpacking food.



Tonight I made a variation of our camp "wonderpot". I actually paid attention when I was adding ingredients and remember the recipe!!

Monday night wonderpot, adapted from this delicious wonderpot
1 bag of GF Tinkyada pasta (I have not tried with other brands!)
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
1L chicken stock (preferably not "low sodium", or you'll have to add a little bit of salt)
1 large onion, julienned
One head of garlic, crushed (this made it really nice and garlicky)
500g of mild Italian sausage meat (we can buy it un-cased from our butcher downstairs, if not just use regular sausage).
3 small bok choy, chopped
1 bunch of basil, chopped
Parmesan cheese

Add everything except the bok choy and basil into a stock pot. Simmer until most of the liquid is gone (10-15 mins), then add the bok choy. Once liquid is all absorbed, add the basil and stir. Add parmesan once pasta is served.



Seriously, that's it. There is more liquid in my version thanks to my GF pasta. I love this dish!! Next time I'm going to try lentils and see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment